Well Woman Assessment
A well woman assessment is a health check that includes a discussion relevant to your circumstance. This may include topics such as contraception, human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination, safe sex practices, pap smear, pelvic examination, pre-pregnancy planning and counselling or management of menopausal symptoms. Find out more about the well woman assessment.
Michael can provide advice on all aspects of contraception for you. These can include options from barrier method, daily oral contraceptive pills, non-daily contraceptives (implants) or more permanent contraception options (tying the tubes).
Please view our patient information on contraception to find out more about your options.
Michael has a broad experience in guiding couples from infertility to fertility. He will provide you with the necessary investigations and management through the various aspects of infertility.
For more information, view our patient information on infertility.
Abnormal Pap Smears
Michael has extensive experience in the investigation and treatment of abnormal pap smears.
Visit abnormal pap smears to learn more about pap smears and the management of the results.
Michael frequently diagnoses and manages various aspects of menstrual disorders. Many of these conditions are common among women and can include the lack of menstrual bleeding (amenorrhoea), inter-menstrual bleeding, painful periods, irregular periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis and others conditions.
Learn more about menstrual disorders in our patient information.
Surgery & Procedures
Michael undertakes several gynaecological surgeries and procedures each week.
These procedures can be for a variety of conditions and can include:
- Prolapse of the pelvic organs
- Non cancerous pelvic tumours removal – such as fibroids or ovarian cysts
- Hysterectomy – performed via keyhole laparascopic assisted
- Colposcopy – for abnormal pap smears or abnormal bleeding
- Laparoscopy – to assess fertility, pain, treatment of ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, or endometriosis and treatment of various conditions
- Endometrial ablation – to control heavy bleeding in women who have already completed childbearing
- Tubal ligation – performed either via hysteroscopy or laparoscopy
To learn more about these procedures, visit surgery & procedures in our patient information.